Thursday, May 18, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 138]:~ The Life of a Gesture

~:[CH6 - Day 138]:~ The Life of a Gesture
I've always thought about how far a gesture can go. Sometimes, the simplest gestures become great things that you could never have imagined. Sometimes, you don't think twice about what you did, yet that same gesture means the world to someone else. Sometimes, what starts out as a thought, becomes something that changes your life forever. As I created each page of this book that I am making for my sponsor child for her graduation, I am reminded about how I just quickly decided to sponsor a child. It was ten years ago and I am not sure if I really thought about what it meant. I sent my monthly payment, wrote a letter, as we shared prayer requests back and forth. From when she was just a small child, to the graduate I will see again in a few weeks, I am amazed at how this grew into something that I believe has been one of the greatest joys in my life. When meeting with the family and project team,  I am inspired and my heart is full. To see them all smile makes me forget about what they do not have, as a pure smile is more valuable than most things that you can buy. As I created this book, I was reminded that the money and wealth you can have may open up doors and give you opportunities, but by the end of the day, it all means nothing when you can't smile, when you can't love, and when you can't soak in all of the wonderful emotions that exist in this world. As I rolled through class, ate dinner with the team and connected with some friends, I saw that sometimes the smallest gestures on your behalf can become the most priceless things you've ever created. I never dreamed that I would be so happy and excited about my sponsor child when I first started this program ten years ago, however, now I cannot even imagine my life without being able to provide for her and her family. What I have given to them has already multiplied and I am grateful every day that the timing worked out as it did. As while at times you may consider your gesture small, just be ready, because that seed you just planted will one day grow into something so amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment